Arsenal Street Water Utility Work
Crews will continue working along Arsenal and El Paso streets to run a water line between the creek and the San Antonio River.
Please click below to see a map with the impacted streets regarding this work.
Construction on Phase 1 of the San Pedro Creek Improvements Project is now underway. To accommodate the project’s underground utility work that is currently taking place, please be aware of possible lane closures and road detours if traveling downtown near the construction area. For the latest construction and traffic information, please sign up for construction email updates below or download the San Pedro Creek app on Google Play or on iTunes.
- The southbound lanes of North Santa Rosa from San Saba Street to West Martin Street will be closed for two weeks.
- The bus lane and the northernmost lane of Commerce Street will be closed for the demolition of the Dollar General store.
- Camaron Street from Houston Street to the Santa Rosa Street bridge is closed. All intersection street crossings are open. Vehicular traffic is allowed to cross Camaron Street at Travis Street.
- One lane of North Santa Rosa Street from the tunnel inlet to Martin Street is closed.
- The bus lane and sidewalk on the south side of Dolorosa Street are closed between San Pedro Creek and Plaza de Armas.
- The City of San Antonio annex parking lot is closed for both public and reserved parking.
- The bus stop at the corner of Dolorosa and the City of San Antonio annex parking lot is closed.
- Pedestrians should follow detour signage along Santa Rosa, Travis, Martin, Kingsbury and Flores streets.
- Vehicles should follow detour signage along South Flores, West Sheridan, Guadalupe and Santa Rosa streets.
- For VIA bus stop closures and route information, please call the VIA Route Information Hotline at 210-362-2020.
Arsenal and El Paso Street Closures
- The pedestrian walkway along the west side of the San Antonio River between Arsenal Street and Cesar E. Chavez Boulevard is closed.
- Arsenal Street from Washington to South Flores Street is reduced to one eastbound lane.
- To view a downloadable map of the Arsenal Street closures, please click here.
- The Sundt-Davila Joint Venture team will begin installing steel for the inlet structure at the start of the project.
- The team will continue installing stone paving between the tunnel inlet and Santa Rosa Street bridge.
- Crews will continue forming and pouring concrete for footings, walls, benches and paseos along the project limits.
- Work continues on the Santa Rosa, Martin and Travis Street bridges.
- A subcontractor will begin installing irrigation lines around the 12 Generations bench area.
- The historic wall between Santa Rosa and Martin streets will be repaired.
- A crew will fine-grade the paseo between Santa Rosa and Martin streets.
- The team will repair the channel slab between Santa Rosa and Martin streets.
- Sundt will begin backfilling the west bank of the creek for landscaping between Martin and Travis streets.
- Subcontractors will install irrigation and conduit on the west side of the bank between Martin and Travis streets.
- Crews will begin installing metal lath to prepare for a stucco finish on the Travis Gatehouse.
- Crews will place topsoil and mulch in the planters on the east side of the creek between Travis and Houston streets.
- The team will continue installing stone veneer on the west walls between Travis and Houston streets.
- Utility work on Arsenal Street continues.
- The San Antonio River will be drained from Nueva Street to Alamo Street to allow for the installation of a pump station and reuse water line for the transfer of reuse water from the San Antonio River to San Pedro Creek.
- Demolition of the Dollar General Building at San Pedro Creek and Commerce Street will begin.
- For information regarding other construction projects in the downtown area, please visit the City of San Antonio’s Transportation and Capital Improvements website.
Sundt-Davila Joint Venture is seeking experienced craftspeople for work on the San Pedro Creek Improvements Project. To learn more about open positions and apply, click here.
To download a printable pdf of the current road closure map, click the button below.