Arsenal Street Water Utility Work
Crews will continue working along Arsenal and El Paso streets to run a water line between the creek and the San Antonio River.
- Arsenal Street from Washington to South Flores Street is reduced to one westbound lane.
- El Paso Street from South Flores to Santa Rosa Street is reduced to one westbound lane.
Please click below to see a map with the impacted streets regarding this work.
Construction on Phase 1 of the San Pedro Creek Improvements Project is now underway. To accommodate the project’s underground utility work that is currently taking place, please be aware of possible lane closures and road detours if traveling downtown near the construction area. For the latest construction and traffic information, please sign up for construction email updates below or download the San Pedro Creek app on Google Play or on iTunes.
- Camaron Street from Houston Street to the Santa Rosa Street bridge is closed. All intersection street crossings are open. Vehicular traffic is allowed to cross Camaron Street at Travis Street.
- One lane of North Santa Rosa Street from the tunnel inlet to Martin Street is closed.
- Pedestrians should follow detour signage along Santa Rosa, Travis, Martin, Kingsbury and Flores streets.
- Vehicles should follow detour signage along South Flores, West Sheridan, Guadalupe and Santa Rosa streets.
- For VIA bus stop closures and route information, please call the VIA Route Information Hotline at 210-362-2020.
- Crews will continue forming and pouring concrete for walls and footings along the project limits.
- Construction teams will pour concrete for the manifold pit walls and the cascada channel slab.
- Crews will install rebar to prepare for concrete pours for the tree planter channel slab and the light pole foundations at the tunnel inlet.
- Work on the Santa Rosa Street bridge continues.
- The Sundt-Davila team will continue to pour concrete for the east crestgate walls between Martin and Travis streets.
- The team will continue pouring concrete for the Travis Street gatehouse.
- Water utility work on El Paso and Arsenal streets continues.
- For information regarding other construction projects in the downtown area, please visit the City of San Antonio’s Transportation and Capital Improvements website.
Sundt-Davila Joint Venture is seeking experienced craftspeople for work on the San Pedro Creek Improvements Project. To learn more about open positions and apply, click here.
To download a printable pdf of the current road closure map, click the button below.